Wednesday, August 27, 2008

lol@us


I went to Taj Residency a few days back to attend a conference on EDA tools(skip the name if you are not studying electronics)..I was pretty excited about it since the opportunity to eat free food at Taj has always been tempting :P and one of my friend who had attended the same conference in Delhi said that free goodies will be provided.. So I reached that place at 10 am so that I don't miss the breakfast :P..But when I stepped inside, half of my excitement went away when I saw the long queue of people waiting to get breakfast..I couldn't help smiling at myself, that it is not just me, who wants to have a piece of Taj..
The organizers were distributing a bag containing a jacket and t-shirt and people were just not happy with 'a bag'..they wanted more.. I could get hand on just 1 :D ..anyways the conference started and it was not all that boring which I had expected..The lunch was scheduled at 1 pm and it was 12.45 that I realized people had started leaving their seats(though the speaker had not finished) and by 12.55 people were almost rushing to the buffet!When I went to eat at 1,there seemed to be an endless queue..and I thought "WTF,these people are suppose to be elite members of electronic community all over the world"..LOL@US..I clicked on some snaps to pass time and got food at 1.30..
Then a thought came in my mind..My purpose of coming to the conference was over..I had food,I got goodies,so now why the hell should I wait and listen to 3 more seminars :D.. Though had a some what guilt feeling, I quietly left the place..But when I came to the parking lot, I again was surprised to see so many people going home after lunch..It was not just me and the guilt feeling just vanished into thin air.. I again laughed and thought this will make for a nice blog :P..
Now comes the interesting part..When I came home and checked my bag,I found a ladies purse in it..I thought its strange that these people gifted even a ladies purse..But since it was free, I thought whats the harm..I'll gift it to some one else :P.. I opened the purse and found some cash and then it struck me..I ,by mistake, took someone else's purse in hurry.. WTF.. I saw a phone number written on it and dialed the number to return the purse and guess what..the person at the receiving end could not understand Hindi nor English!! Now who could possibly not know any of these languages!!! I got to know that the lady was from Coimboitre,Tamil Nadu and after many phone calls and messages managed to get her address!!But by that time she had left for her hometown..I had to mail the purse.. :-|So I'll say over all experience at Taj was not all that great..LOL@ME..

8 comments:

mayank said...

waah saale... free ka mil raha tha... faltu mein tension liya... :D

Ravemzsdin said...

kuch bhi bana raha hai saalaa..bhakkk bhanghipana

Nimit said...

Yehi hota hai jaldi na khana khaane ka anjaam .... agar tu jaldi uthke khana khata to tera bag tere pass hi rehta aur guilt feeling bhi nahi hoti .......

gister said...

lol... but b4 returning ..ask 4 her photo :D... Though teri snap se lag nahi raha koi dikhne mein achi hogi... nxt time se aisi snap mat daalyo .. dekh kar hi blog band karne kaa mann karta hai :P.

Unknown said...

goshhh...yeh kab huaa???
n chances of u being a real gentleman were very mild..... gud tht u finally retruned her thingsssss... abbe u having reall adventure thr...bt jst tc hope u dnt get some DRUGS n those stuffs n get into troublee....hehehhehe

prats said...

@gaurav..dude EDA conference!! hw cn u even xpect tht!!!
@nimit..sahi bol raha hai..
@mayank..m a real gentleman :P (c d comment above)

YSR said...

you are a gud boy

Commander said...

this is hilarious dude!! oops..gentle man. the the seen must have been really good.