Monday, August 11, 2008

Hariyali Chicken


For all veggie lovers,the title has got nothing to do with food,so please carry on :).. n for the cannibals,I assure you its still spicey and worthy enough to read..Well continuing from my previous post,we started our journey on friday to 'guhantara',a cave resort,at around 9 am.. In the middle of the journey somebody suddenly asked, "are there any interns"? and unfortunately I was the only one..fir kya tha,they called me up front and started ragging( and mind it, I was never ragged in college :P)..initially they told me to do the normal proposing to a girl and stuff, acting as bus conductor etc..but I did a grave mistake by wearing a t-shirt with the caption "Life is unfair. So many girls,so little time".. One of them asked me to elaborate on that for 5 mins..then came my reply "It does not hold true for Broadcom, where there are just 4 girls out of 30 in my department..here I have so much of time,but no girl around :P "..(btw neither does it hold true for BITS :D)
Now you all must be wondering, what the hell is hariyali chicken and what the crap am I talking about :P..enough of suspense,I guess..each of us was given a colour to chose once we reached the resort..I chose green and my team's name was "Hariyali chicken"..other teams were "Blue tooth","Orange Flame" and "Pink Panther"..Had lot many games such as advertising product,Dumbsheras etc.. Later we played beach volleyball and cricket..after the lunch(which itself will need a post to describe,am skipping it for your sake) we all dropped in the swimming pool followed by rain dance in the evening..we were declared the winner because of our innovative name and enthusiasm in all games and we won most of them...on our way back,"Singh is Kingg" became the slogan of all the drunkards..whatever the song others might be singing, "Singh is Kingg" somehow managed to come in every song..I guess all sorts of permutation and combinations of rythms and tones must have been experimented with "Singh is Kingg" that day.. it was really hilarious..
The best part about the trip was that not even once I felt that I am working in a company and not a student anymore(this thought haunts me many a times)..It was so much fun interacting with managers,singing songs with them,dancing and playing..indeed it was the most memorable day in Bangalore so far..

9 comments:

gister said...

hariyali chickennn....umm .. i am already feeling hungry . u lucky bastard .. getting to eat good indian food over there. yahaan bhi bhijwaadey thoda!
And yeah Keep enjoyin and visitin places like these... also put the pics ..:)

Abhinav said...

abe singapoori...njoi Thai food dere...its awesome...yummmyyyy....
nd prats nice post...keep njoyin...nice slogan on tshirt too...
nd yeah managers r exactly opposite to wht we think of dem...my manager also took me out, 2 times for a lunch in a 5 star hotel and for a movie at IMAX 3D.. :)
MNC's rocks man!!!

Abhinav said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

@chillu..saale apne blog ki publicity kar raha hai yahan ki mere post pe comment maar raha hai!:P
nd gaurav..chinkies dre make up fr d food prb ;) .. so rock on \m/

Abhinav said...

leh deleted... :D hehe..nd aise bhi no need of publicity of my blog abhi coz m not myself sure wen i will blog out...i hv been thinkin of it 4 d past 3 yrs but hvnt done it yet...u see...lol...

Unknown said...

hmmm...hariyali chicken.. for a moment i thought i was on sanjeev kapoor's blog..lol.. but i guess the account did justice to the interesting and tasty name... waise team ka naam ye socha kisne??? tera idea to nahin hoga.. so u finally managed to get urself ragged huh???but seriously its strange u didn't get ragged in colg. nyway hope u have more such fun picnics..

Anonymous said...

hey...no mention of ur drunk "pool buddy" eh?? :D

gister said...

pool buddy?? kaun hai bey?
achaa nahi kiya tune... ek aur buddy banaa liya... :D

prats said...

@gaurav..loll..nai be..tu mera eee buddy hai :).. actualy dre was ths guy wid whom i played snooker initially..thn i went bck to play volleyball nd cricket..whn i enterd the pool, this guy was too drunk nd strtd cursing me #%^#@$!@ nd askin whr was i and he wntd to play with me :P..I was all embarassd.. hilarious scene!
@sanchi..my contribution to hariyali chicken was 'hariyali' :P.. chicken was someone else's idea :D