Thursday, August 7, 2008

It happens everywhere

Well I have been tempted to write this post after being flooded by mails from my team '3315' here in Broadcom today. Actually tomorrow we are celebrating tape out of a chip and thus have plans to go to a resort some distance from the main city.So the initial plan was to take a bus from here at 8.30 early morning and reach there by 10.Since then there have been infinite changes in plan regarding the bus timing, route to be taken, games to be played etc etc.Some one is cribbing about the time too early(even I am :P),some complaining about alcohol and blah blah..not to mention some groaning ki 'kal jane ka mood nahi hai'
But this reminded me of the last trip I had with my friends back in college.I was the one who had arranged for the bus that day and as the usual case,'people' were late and obb things never go as planned.But IT HAPPENS EVERYWHERE.If it doesnt happen,then its unusual and something unexpected.Actually there is no fun without small fights over petty issues,scoldings for doing things (am not sure about those who were at receiving end that day :P)not expected to be done :D(been there,done that ;))..If you are told to get ready by 10 then its obb ki you want people to come by 11..and if you say 'Don't do it', its implied you mean 'please do it'.And its not just school or college these things happen,its the same in companies and probably anywhere you'll go.These make such trips special and memorable :).
Every trip I have had so far has had its share of glitches and surprisingly thats what I remember most about them.No fight,No fun. It makes me wonder sometime 'who wants a perfect life(trip)'?Lets hope that we dont have a perfect outing tomorrow ;)..

PS:'permission nai hai' wala funda I could see only in school and sometimes in college too ;)...atleast vo ab nai hai :D

and yah I just got this message,and I dont think this is final either :P

Few other reminders:
1. Please carry suitable swim wear if you plan to use the swimming pool.
2. We will pick up "liquor" enroute.
3. Bus will start at 9:00 A.M sharp and will not wait further--->lolest

7 comments:

Soumya said...

..you seem to pick up just the right things to write about!! :P

'people'..lol!! :D :D but..i can tell you one thing..ive been on the receiving end :P..and trust me..that is more fun!!! :')

And to us..it was more of a ritual..we just couldnt do without them..:P Those were good times!! :|

prats said...

indeed 'those were good times'.. n m sure there r many more in the pipeline :)

Soumya said...

I bet there are..but there will be fewer guys to argue with.. :P fun thoda kam hoga ;)

saurabh sinha said...

thumbs up!!!

mayank said...

nice dude... even i started a blog.... gave ur link on mine

Quant Lover said...

cheers 2 bits-goa and cheers 2 such outings and even more cheers 2 such 'entertainment' for enabling us 2 philosophize on thm

prats said...

cheers \m/