Friday, December 12, 2008

Last Day at Broadcom

Today is my last day at Broadcom and I really don’t know how to react or feel about it. I have been longing to go home for so long but when the time is coming close, it’s like I don’t want to leave this place. It’s hard to believe that almost 6 months has passed since I came to Bengaluru and when I look back, I see so many good things coming out of this internship and this place.

Living by yourself is a whole new and enriching experience. I remember the day I came here with so many apprehensions about the place and work. But everything worked out just fine. Had a real good time in the company and exploring this city. But now its time to say final goodbye and I know I’ll be missing this place.
I’ll miss my cubicle and my computer and the awesome net speed over here. I’ll miss the free phone calls and the free cold drinks and juices :P. I’ll miss the rush I used to make to come to the office when our instructor used to visit us. I’ll miss the thread on gmail which all of us used to stay in touch and telling stuff about their PS and their companies. And of course I’ll miss the chinkies!!

I’ll miss the tea that Jayashree makes for me everyday (after some motivation :D). I’ll miss the game of snooker I used to play with Sumeet and Gampa. I’ll miss all the stories told to me by Shantanu and his sense of humor :P. I’ll miss the grave look on Neeraj’s face. I’ll miss the tamil conversation between Janani and Jayashree. I’ll miss the wannab ‘Kaushik’ :P with his typical choices(eg- Sunil Joshi being his favorite cricket player).This guy is really funny. I’ll miss all our lunch and snack times and gossips on the terrace and in the ‘Bay’.
All in all I’ll miss all the pleasant moments I had with the other interns and my team members who made this 6 months look so easy and manageable. It was really nice working here and I really hope I get to work here some other time.

But as of now, I am leaving this place today and glad that this internship happened. Learnt a lot and made new friends. I will take lot of memories from this place and miss many more things(like the Coorg and Mysore trip :P). Hoping such times come again. Looking forward to the new year bash in Goa now.


“Don’ cry because its over, Smile because it happened”- Dr. Seuss(taken from Melange’05)


PS: My blog journey started from this place. But won’t end here ;).

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You are right. It will not be the same next sem. Will miss the fun we had. More importantly the conversations between you and Janaki. ;-) But your "poda" tops it all. Glad I know you. :)

varun said...

yup .. wud surely miss u guys next sem .. but as u said in the end ... don cry bcas its over be glad it happened ... we wud cherish the days spent wid u guys ... will surely keep in touch wid u ppl ...

jshree said...

hmmmm... These six months leaves us with mixed emotions... some good and some(mostly :P) bad!!But yeah as rightly pointed good and ENRICHING experience. Saala ob tere liye Enriching tha.. TEAM treat pe jo jata rehta hai!! And yeah..chaai banati bolta hai to bhi.. u cud have just added adjectives like "accha","awsm", "nice" etc.. kuch nahi! nd yeah, nly 2 lines abt kaushik??? u cud actually start another blog,dedicated fr him.. u cud name it "tr88888(Screech Screech!!)"!!!

prats said...

i forgot to mention 'ole ole'
i'll miss him too :P..

Soumya said...

you need to do something with the look of your blog...bht gloomy hai..kuch happening kar..:P

Anonymous said...

Hi.. I will miss you lots!
I just couldn't muster up the courage to have a casual chat with you..But have been following your blog none the less..I have sent you a mail :) I hope you come back to Broadcom soon..

prats said...

@tracker..u can b my blog designer once v go back colg ;)..newyz u knw m too lazy to chng looks and all..

@anonymous..I didn't receive your mail..my email id is prateekgarg007@gmail.com .and i too hope that i come broadcom again..maybe u can help ;)