Saturday, November 29, 2008

PS2 files-part 1

I guess time to bid goodbye to Bengaluru is closing in.With less then two weeks left, I have so much to write about this place. Well I'll keep posting whenever I find time.Some of the unforgettable memories.And am sure this gonna help other batch mates coming next semester:

1.FORUM on weekends: Watching movie at PVR in forum mall has almost become a ritual here. Sometimes we have seen movies for the heck of it and I am even embarrassed to mention such movies! Tops the list is Mission Istanbul,so you people can imagine ;). The best of them(serious this time :P) was perhaps Dark Knight which I saw with some 20 more Bitsians.

2.Church Street and around:This place is in midst of bustling Brigade road and has the best food joints and pubs in town. It is said if you have not tried each and every restaurant on this street, your visit to Bangalore is not complete.Here are few of its gems(I'll refrain from mentioning the dishes as it will make the post too long,personal inquiries are welcome ;)). Three Quarter Chinese(awesomest chinese food), IndiJoes and Yokos(best sizzlers in town), Soul(pasta and stake), Javacity,Koshi, Stakehouse(name suggests what its famous for),and many more(please pardon me for forgetting few).And yah,there is amoeba where you can do bowling and play video games :D.

3.Rock gigs: This city offers the best gigs in the country and you can find rock fans in plenty! Best places to watch a gig are Legends of Rock, La rock, Purple Haze and Hard Rock cafe. We were fortunate enough to witness the last gig of Kingfisher rock fest at HRC. That place is a must see(eating there is not advisable :D,unless you visit there on the day you receive your salary).

4.Team trips:I was lucky to get a team where outings are frequent. Some of the awesome places we have been to are guhantara(cave resort,already written a post about it), then there is E zone where we did karting, paint ball, etc, Cosmo mall(bowling, video games etc) and few other places.

5.Hukkah places: Must have tried every place that offers hukkah in town.Mochas(obb
tops the list),had also become our weekend ritual until we found other places.It was like movie+mochas+dominos=weekend in our early days here.Then we found places like paramount(not all that great though,roof top ambience is good), soul(awesome hukkah with coke base;food is also great), Hypnos(one of the rare places that offers hukkah+drinks),to name a few.

6.Traffic police encounters:I won't say these were good,but yah unforgettable for sure.Its like you have to pay a road tax of 2.8k if you want to drive in Karnataka and obb I dint pay it.So I had made this calculation that even if am caught 6 times and charged 300 on an avg( with my bargaining expertise :P),I'll save some 1k bucks.But am doing better,getting caught once a month on an average(fingers crossed).

PS1: more coming later
PS2:Don't ask about my haircut

No comments: