Thursday, September 11, 2008

What an irony

I was tempted to write this post after I was drenched by the rains of Bangalore for like tenth time in past 2 months! And now I am not sure I even like rains or not.. first time it was sure fun, second time too, and maybe third time.. but I guess I have had enough of rains this monsoon..
Then I wondered what it used to be like when I was in my hometown Jodhpur, a part of Marwar, the not so wet zone of Rajasthan :P ..
I spent the first 17 years of my life in Rajasthan and who could have thought that I'll be doing my engineering in some place called Goa?? I still remember the day my barber asked me "Bhaiya aap padne ke liye kahan jaa rahe ho" and I replied "Goa"..and he was like :O "Goa???? wahan padne ja rahe ho aap?"..and I don't blame him..Because you can only think of the beaches and the rains and certainly not anything even close to studies..The rains which I have witnessed in Goa in past 3 years and now in Bangalore, I think makes up not only for the last 17 years in Jodhpur but maybe the entire time I have yet to spend there..
I remember monsoon was like the most awaited thing in Jodhpur and every one used to become so excited and we used to plan all our trips in rainy weather..and now the first thing that comes in my mind when I see droplets of water pouring down my face, "Not again!(sigh)"..And yah, it could be all together a different thing for a person living in Mumbai and now working in Delhi..WHAT AN IRONY
Moral of the story(well I hate to write it,but I guess that makes my post a little serious,just experimenting ;))-
1.Everything is balanced in this world..If you are not getting a thing right now,there is surely something good in store for you in future..and sooner or later you will realize that
2.Excess of everything is bad :D (be it rains)
3.Everything has its own charm..Be it the monsoon,be it winters,or summers or anything else for that matter...Just enjoy it at present.
4.Small things like getting drenched in rain can make you write a blog :P

PS:I still love the weather in Bangalore and for that matter Goa too..its simply awesome!

6 comments:

Nimit said...

Damn man ..... it doesnt rain in delhi ( bloody dry state ) ...... i love rain and love goa because i love the way it rains there.

Btw delhi weather is changing and winters are not far away. \m/

Quant Lover said...

hmmm...well put again

gister said...

dude let us enjoy the rains till its still there because next sem its gonna be mostly dry in goa.... :)

@Nimit yeah i feel delhi winters are completely worth the hot/sweaty summers.. some may think otherwise though.

mayank said...

waah yahaan log baarish se pareshan hain.... bihar mein badh hai bhai log .. jus think how miniscule are our troubles compared to them ....

so chillax and enjoy the moment

Ruchi said...

it drizzled yesterday in this 'not so wet zone of Rajasthan'! thanx for ur timely post...its way too hot here...and plz elaborate on this post a lil so that if by any chance ur blog had anything to do wid d pleasant change in the weather, we'd get to have our share of the rains too! :P

prats said...

lol..well actually it rained in Delhi as well on the day I wrote this post..so kch effect to hua hi hai :P